Monday, May 4, 2009

HASAY update 5/4

Man, my inside of my thighs still kill!!! I did the machine that works your inner thighs on Tuesday night and my inner thighs still hurt when I do certain things. WOW!!!

I went to the gym 4 times last week and worked my butt off (literally lol). I didn't get there this weekend but I did work on getting stones out of the garden for several hours on Saturday - believe me, that was a work out. I haven't gotten on the scale today, but I definitely lost at least 4 pounds, possibly more. Plus I have definitely been toning up those muscles. So, I am really happy with that.

I would like to get to the gym this evening, but we shall see. Hubby wants to go work on the fencing around the garden again tonight and I also have to work on a difficult homework assignment that is due on Thursday. I have been doing pretty good with portion control and even counted out the 24 mini wheats that are in a serving yesterday. I am just trying to be smarter about how much I eat. I have been craving chocolate chip cookies the last few days and I may just have to give in and make half a batch. I don't want to deprive myself of treats because I know that will lead to binging-like behavior.

I really think that going to a gym is what's really going to get me to lose this weight. With all the kids and hubby at home it is really hard to work out. Now I just use the gym as an excuse to get away from it all... LOL. It's my 'me' time. I am hoping to get to the gym at least 3 times this week (I have finals next week so I am not making my goal too high) and will continue to watch how much I eat. I am hoping to lose a few more pounds this week.


Lisette

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great work this week! I know what you mean about using the gym as an excuse to get away for a bit but my daughter won't let me put her in the daycare there so I'm stuck.

    I've recently decided that I'd be willing to work out several times a week in lieu of giving up good food (at least sometimes). We'll see how that one works out for me.

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete